Organizing The Tour of Flanders With Lien Crapoen
You may recognize Lien Crapoen as one of the podium hosts at Flanders Classics, but her job far exceeds that of a spokeswoman. Today this hospitality and organizational maven takes us behind the scenes of one of the world’s largest cycling events, discusses her life with professional cyclist Edward Theuns, and reveals why cycling has always been an influential force in her life and career.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- What it takes to organize a global event like the Tour of Flanders.
- How the new course affected an entire nation.
- Lien’s inspiration to start cycling and her most exhilarating experience as a rider.
- The most rewarding aspects of working with cyclists.
- What the Tour of Flanders has in store for next year.
Lien Crapoen is a full-time staff member of Flanders Classics in Hospitality, VIP Sales, and Back Office Support. Although primarily recognized as a podium host for Flanders Classics, Lien is instrumental in the organization of some of the world’s largest races including Omloop Het Niewsblad, Dwars door Vlaanderen, Gent-Wevelgem, Flanders, Scheldeprijs, and Brabantse Pijl. Lien has a degree in Public Relations and Communications from Howest. Learn more about Lien at LinkedIn and Twitter.